Basement Waterproofing in Ottawa
Would you like to avoid severe structural damage to your property? We at BOL-DAN Foundation and Masonry Inc provide basement waterproofing in Ottawa! Out of all the areas on your property, your basement is the most prone to moisture and wetness development. The soil under your basement often forces water and moisture through the cracks and openings in your basement floors. The presence of this moisture can damage the foundations of your home and cause irreparable damage if ignored. It also encourages the growth of various bacteria and mould and can potentially harm your health.
To learn more about our basement waterproofing service, get in touch with us today. We serve the surrounding Ottawa area.
Platon® is high-density polyethylene (HDPE) membrane. We install this on the basement floor and wrap your foundation walls. It prevents any moisture from the soil from entering your basement floor and walls and prevents the resulting damage. Here are some additional advantages:
- The membrane’s double leakage protection makes it possible to hold humid soil away from the foundation wall and provides it with the drainage it needs to stay dry.
- If your foundation walls are showing signs of wear, the membrane bridges cracks, keeping the water out even if the walls settle, crack or shift.
- It is also versatile, as it works on just about any kind of walls, including poured concrete walls, block walls, wood walls, ICFs and existing foundations.
- Platon membrane is easily installed on your foundation walls. A special type of clip keeps it fastened to your foundations even in tough weather.
- This membrane is environmentally friendly. The high-density polyethylene used in its fabrication comes from approximately 85% recycled material. In addition, none of its components will contaminate the soil or your home’s air.
- Excavation of the foundation: Our process begins with carrying out a thorough investigation of your drainage system, the foundation wall and footing, and checking for any signs of damage.
- Fixing cracks in the foundation: We carry out the necessary repairs if we find cracks in the basement foundation or any other kind of damage. In many cases, a foundation might not require any repairs.
- Installing footing flood boot: The area where your footing and foundation merge is exceptionally vulnerable to water damage. We add an aqua block membrane along with reinforcement protection.
- Installing membrane: We then install the Platon® waterproof membrane in your basement. This high-quality, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) membrane keeps water out and protects your foundation from moisture damage.
- Installing drainage tiles: Drainage tiles are an essential aspect of your waterproofing system. They work in tandem with the membrane to keep your basement water-resistant. We take care of your drainage system if required.
- Carrying out grading: Grading is the final step in waterproofing your basement. The excavation surrounding your foundation is covered by our team, followed by the creation of a slope or grading around your property to keep water away.
- Final assessment and cleanup: Once you have carried out the last step, we finish the waterproofing process by conducting a final inspection. Our team will ensure there is no damage to your property.
We understand that getting your basement waterproofed can seem like a daunting task - it can disrupt your regular life at home or affect your business. However, you can rely on us to waterproof your basement quickly and efficiently so that you can go back to your regular life as soon as possible. If you would like to learn more about our waterproofing service in Ottawa, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Your basement is a critical part of your home's foundation, which is why any damage to it potentially threatens your home's structure. Here are some reasons why waterproofing your basement is beneficial:
- Prevents flooding - Basement flooding can seriously damage your home and your possessions. In some cases, the damage might be irreversible.
- Prevent mould - The presence of mould and mildew can give rise to a host of health problems like allergies.
- Prevents foundational damage - Moisture can creep in your basement floor's cracks and expand, worsening the damage in the process.
- Prevents energy bill spikes - The presence of moisture in your basement can make it harder to cool it during the summer months and drive up your energy bills.
- Prevents lowering of your property's value - A damaged foundation and basements directly translate to a lower value for your property.
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding the damage moisture can cause in your basement flooring and how our waterproofing can help prevent it.
BOL-DAN provides a 20-year guarantee on waterproofing services. This lets you enjoy peace of mind, knowing your property is protected from water damages.
If you wish to learn more about our basement waterproofing services, or if you want to receive a free estimate for a Platon membrane installation, please call us today!